[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_row custom_margin=”-22px|auto||auto||” _builder_version=”3.25.2″ min_height=”61px”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Title” _builder_version=”3.25.2″]
Volunteer Coordinator (Part-Time Contractor)
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Body” _builder_version=”3.25.2″]
About the Zendo Project
The Zendo Project is a Psychedelic Peer Support and Harm Reduction program which provides a safe space and specialized care for those having challenging psychedelic experiences. The Zendo Project also provides public education and outreach. It is a department of Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
MAPS’ Zendo Project is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for the months of July-September 2019. The Volunteer Coordinator will play a major role in supporting volunteers for Burning Man 2019. This position requires someone excited to engage with people, able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and adept at organizing and managing lots of information online.
People of color, transgender, gender nonconforming, lesbian, gay, and bisexual people are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a remote position, a suitable home office is required, with a private and quiet area to work, free from distraction. A clean desk space, secure internet, and reliable phone reception are required. The duties of this position include frequent phone and internet meetings. Occasional travel required. Must be available to travel to and participate in Burning Man (Dates August 24-September 3).
Part-Time temporary contract
Applicants must be available 10 hours per week through the month of July, 15-20 hours per week the month August, with a 30-hour work week the week of August 24-September 3, and approximately 5 hours of work per week for the month of September. The exact schedule will be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Coordinate Volunteers for Burning Man 2019Communicate regularly with volunteers regarding their duties and responsibilities
- Create and Manage a schedule of approximately 300 volunteers
- Collaborate with other staff members on the process of volunteer coordination
- Communicate with volunteers via regular online communication, including email, online forum, and informational and supportive documents. Answer questions and proactively support volunteers.
- Provide feedback to volunteers
- Track training compliance and attendance of volunteers, creating and managing forms to track training participation
- Support volunteers in event logistics, preparation and follow-up
- Provide detailed instructions for volunteers in regard to their duties
- Schedule meetings, track calendars
- Occasionally assist in the delivery of public presentations.
- Meet regularly with MAPS via online platforms.
- Report to manager weekly and participate in regular meetings on the project, department, and organizational level.
- Manage project tasks on Asana and contribute to project management.
- Create feedback surveys and analyze results for program improvements.
- Act as point person for volunteers at Burning Man, managing schedule changes and being in regular communication with volunteers.
- Flat fee stipend. Dependent on experience and start date.
- Minimum requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in volunteer coordination
- Excellent computer and online organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with the majority of the following tools: Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), Zoom, Asana, Moodle, Google Forms, online surveys, Mailchimp, CRM database, spreadsheet
- Comfortable navigating Mac operating system
- Comfortable using internet applications
- This remote position requires a highly motivated and organized person who follows through on assignments with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Volunteers for Salesforce as well as the mental health field is preferred, as is an awareness of Psychedelic Harm Reduction and Peer Support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Compassionate customer service skills, enjoys interacting with many people nationally and internationally
- Ability to ask clear, goal-oriented questions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a focus on creating solutions
- Self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline, ability to communicate clearly about deadlines and expectations
- Ability to manage time well and ask for support when needed
- Self-reflective and committed to ongoing growth and improvement
- Embodies discretion and able to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Quick learner, excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff.
- Check in regularly with Director and complete assignments by agreed deadline.
- Document process and provide regular updates.
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, of individual work and project outcomes.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25.2″][et_pb_button button_url=”https://airtable.com/shrh32Z3umDvIHSfK” url_new_window=”on” button_text=”Apply Here” button_alignment=”center” _builder_version=”3.25.3″][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]